My parents sat in their cramped quarters with their brows knit in concentration. Then after a forty minute pause my mother looked up at my father and said, “I know a name that will cause our future daughter to always be serenaded with the tackiest, most lyrically stupid song ever.”
My father’s lips curled in a devious smile because he knew that of which she spoke.
…and so I was named Roxanne.
This post has 15 notes.
- warcaster likes this
- whollybabel likes this
lifeinnohuddle reblogged this from roxygen and added:
- coffeeandblueprints said: haha I’ve got the song stuck in my head now
- shazadkhan likes this
- abigsteamingpileofcouscous likes this
- greeniskindofwhorish said: Luckily, you can’t hear me singing right now.
- greeniskindofwhorish likes this
- zikrayat likes this
- cynicallyjaded said: Thanks…now I’ve got Eddie Murphy screaming your name in my head!
- havesomeatay likes this
- heartbreaksandwich likes this
- cynicallyjaded likes this
- moslike said: lol
- neightkelly said: YOU DON’T HAVE TO PUT ON THE RED LIGHT.
- lillabet likes this
- roxygen posted this