Students demonstrate in Morocco
Photo: A demonstration in Casablanca. This is from a set made by Hassan Ouazzani.
Students were demonstrating yesterday in different parts of Morocco to ask for a debate on the conditions in public schools and the need for reform of the education system. On Twitter Moroccans discuss this with hashtag #uecse.
The demonstrations come after Morocco toughens university tuition:
The announcement raised alarm among many families.
Halima Cheftouni is one of them. She hopes her daughter will get into medical school. “I’ve done everything I can over the last few years so that she can achieve a grade average that will enable her to study medicine,” she said. “She got an overall average of 17. But if the decision on tuition fees is implemented, I won’t be able to afford the fees.”
This post has 9 notes.
- mademoisellealiyah reblogged this from tamghrabit
- mademoisellealiyah likes this
- bintrushd reblogged this from roxygen
- danslefoxbox likes this
- obsessivelove7933 likes this
- roxygen reblogged this from tamghrabit
- moroccanstateofmind likes this
- tamghrabit posted this