The shrine of Qadi Iyyad in Marrakech, Morocco. He was born in 1083 in Gibraltar and was the Qadi of Grenada until he was banished to Morocco after leading a failed revolt against the Almohads in Al-Andalus. One of his most influential works is Tartib al-Mardarik wa-Taqrib al-masalik li-Ma’rifat ala’m Madhab Malik, a collection of biographies of various Maliki scholars.
This man must have been pretty impressive because it takes guts to lead a revolt against the Almohads. Also, no space compares in tranquility to that of a quiet shrine.
This post has 18 notes.
- obsessivelove7933 reblogged this from roxygen
- 2311294 reblogged this from roxygen
- majdimam likes this
- emjaysays likes this
- the-salt-water-cure reblogged this from roxygen
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea reblogged this from ya-lahwi
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea likes this
- haralambros likes this
- jayaprada likes this
- ya-lahwi reblogged this from mademoisellealiyah
- ya-lahwi likes this
- mademoisellealiyah reblogged this from roxygen
- mademoisellealiyah likes this
- purplefigtree reblogged this from roxygen
- thescarsonhismuslimwrists reblogged this from roxygen
- thescarsonhismuslimwrists likes this
- khuzoabelaat likes this
- roxygen posted this