"The throat is the seat of the intellective world, ie universal underlying principles; the back of the mouth is the higher realm of imagination; the mouth proper is the celestial spheres, followed in front by the elemental globes; finally, the “progeny”, or classes of beings, are at the gap between the teeth and lips. In short, the more contingent something is, the higher up the vocal tract - just as sounds originate at its bottom with air expelled from the lungs, are shaped as they pass through the vocal tract, to finally emerge from the mouth."
Ibn Arabi’s vision of the cosmic order (see Appendix II)
Sacred Phonology @ Jabal al-Lughat
Most writings pertaining to Ibn ‘Arabi remind me of how dull-minded I can be.
This post has 13 notes.
- shapexshifting likes this
- olddeludersatan likes this
- 3ammah likes this
- leviathvn likes this
- matryushka reblogged this from shiknatnapishtim
- thebodyasconduit likes this
- matryushka likes this
- bhabhaismyhomi likes this
- silentpassage reblogged this from roxygen
- silentpassage likes this
- seinedoll likes this
- roxygen reblogged this from shiknatnapishtim
- shiknatnapishtim posted this