Why is Facebook such a toxic site?
You would think the fact that I practice more moderation there would yield less tactless comments, but oddly its a total garbage heap. I’d like to think that all Internet spaces require considerable personal moderation, but the troll nature of people I deal with there actually surpasses the strangers I interact with every where else.
You can’t post a link to a scholarship in memory of a person that passed in your family without some absurdly tactless comment. Might I add while the former fiance of the deceased person is also commenting. What is wrong with people? This is exactly why I didn’t do a little Internet memorial for someone else this weekend. You can never trust people to display the slightest bit of class just for a single day.
I’m partly to blame for not talking about that stuff, but then again why should I? Can’t someone pick up on an obvious social cue? Its so frustrating.
This post has 10 notes.
- larakat likes this
- theyoutharenotsonic said: deleting was probably one of the best things i’ve ever done.
- bintrushd likes this
- theblackquartz likes this
- salaamyasalaam likes this
- not-claudius said: Facebook comments are only second to youtube comments as the absolute nadir of internet usage by the hoi polloi.
- mohandasgandhi said: I have a Facebook but I don’t use it. I just don’t want anything to do with it precisely for the reasons you mentioned. It’s just not worth anyone’s time.
- basednkrumah likes this
- roxygen posted this